Monday, December 24, 2012

Zen to Done: finishing the first month

Having now kept to Leo Babauta's ten-step plan to great productivity for the better part of the month, I'm feeling very good about the process.  The first step was "Collect," which for me entailed carrying a small (3" by 4") Moleskin notebook with me everywhere.  I'd write down quick notes, then try to follow up with them (that's more step 2).

What's pretty remarkable is how much I realized later I wasn't remembering.  I'd write things down, then an hour or two later at my desk look at the notebook and go "oh yeah, I need to do that."  That means that, prior to having a consist write-it-down plan, there's a good chance that those things just didn't get done. In many ways, that is sort of scary to think about, when you realize that there is, in all likelihood, a lot of things out there you didn't do that you meant to, but you'll never know because you don't remember them.

January: Step two!

No comments:

Post a Comment