Monday, January 14, 2013

Zen to Done: the second step

I'm into my second month of working on the steps to productivity outlined in Zen to Done, and the second one is a doozy: Process.  Basically the idea is that you deal with every email in your inbox daily.  Everything.

I don't email a lot, but I get a lot of emails.  Some of it is junk, some of it is just information about upcoming meetings, and some of it is requests for information.  But this step, unlike the first one, takes time.  I could spend easily the better part of an hour.  But I also understand that letting things fester in my inbox, or worse just ignoring them has caused a lot of problems over the years, so this is one of those steps that probably will have a sizable impact.

But, since it is also so difficult, I've already given myself my first incentive prize for suriving the first week on the discipline: the "Food Market" cardstock building pdf from Stoelzel's Structures.

Now, I got to finish this post and go process emails.

No comments:

Post a Comment