Thursday, December 6, 2012

Zen to Done, the first step

Well, I haven't posted on this blog for almost two years.  The reason?  I have three other blogs: a miniatures/wargaming one, a RPG-themed one, and a zombie blog of all things.  I didn't need or particularly want one featuring my personal life.

But, I'm doing this productivity thing right now, using the book Zen to Done by Leo Babuta.  It features ten habits to increasing productivity, and you are supposed to tackle one step every month.

Habit one is Collect, meaning you write things down in a small notebook as they come to you, then when you return to your workspace tackle those items as quickly as possible.  So yesterday I went to my favorite local book store and purchased several books and a small moleskine notebook.  The bookstore has a program where you get punches on a card with each $10 you spend, then you get $10 off your purchase once the card is filled.  As it turns out, my purchases got me the discount, so the notebook was only a couple of dollars.  Excellent!

Now for some motivation.  I think I will go with a one week, two week, and one month for each habit, probably in the $5, $10, and $30 range.  I don't know what those will be like yet, but we will have to see.

Speaking of which, I will also be documenting my progress here, as an additional motivation.  Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Best of luck with this. Its good to go with the flow but sometimes a few strokes can help you reach a current going the right way.

    -Ross

    ReplyDelete